At Johnson Turner we do serious work, but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We know we can ditch our egos and still be proud of our accomplishments. We have created a culture that encourages us to be forward thinking, consistently growing (both personally and professionally), striving for excellence, but also having a lot of fun in the process. We achieve this by staying focused on our Living Core Values: A JT Employee
- Team – Takes initiative to step up and help, Goes the extra mile, provides constructive feedback, consistently adhere to Firm policies and procedures, maintains a positive attitude, and contributes to office morale.
- Innovation – Provides creative solutions, adapts to frequent changes, and seeks to advance the success of J/T
- Community – Nurtures and expands existing client relationships through new programs, new geographical representations, and special projects. Brings favorable recognition to the Firm by participation in professional organizations, bar groups, community groups, pro bono or charitable work
- Knowledge - shows knowledge, skills and work performance consistent with his or her years of practice, routinely improves performance, consistently turns out work of the highest professional caliber compared to his or her peers, a “go to” person who inspires confidence that the job will get done well.
- Compassion – Manifests “Friends-in-law”, client focused, communicates with clients and other J/T employees beyond work-related topics, develops new ways to provide excellent client service and an excellent work environment.
Attorneys at Johnson/Turner Legal enjoy the following benefits:
Better Compensation plan – High achievers are rewarded. Base salary, plus a formulaic monthly incentive plan that transparently shows you what you’ll make based on your performance metrics. Attorneys have reached over $10,000 per month in their first year at the firm. In addition, traditional incentives are provided such as Health Insurance, 401k, and Vacation. Finally, throughout the year, there are fun perks, gifts, and incentives to celebrate firm-wide successes.
- Your clients will be provided to you. You have no sales and marketing responsibilities – just focus on serving clients and practicing law well.
- No hourly billing – our cases are handled with fixed prices per packages.
- You are part of a Team that is second to none. Highly-skilled specialists including, paralegals, sales, accounting, and IT work seamlessly together to help you and to optimize the client experience.
- You are supported by industry-leading training, systems, workflows, software and automation - all making you a better lawyer.
Attorney’s have an opportunity to set their own course with a wide variety of paths or roles offered by JT. We understand that each person has skills, talents, and interests that are unique and so too provide a distinct benefit to our firm. We train, develop, and invest in each attorney’s individual strengths to provide a career that is not just sustainable but also meaningful.
Mentorship and Training
Johnson Turner is proud of the efforts we make to mentor and train each employee, and believe that it truly sets us apart from other firms. Employees receive extensive, comprehensive, and ongoing training throughout their careers. Trainings occur internally and also from cutting edge leaders in their field. Attendance at conference, webinars, CLEs and Institutes are not just encouraged, but required for advancement. Mentorship, too, is a priority and sourced both from the experience of others within our firm, but also those who’ve achieved excellence elsewhere.
- Johnson/Turner is ready to add to their attorney team. We are interested in candidates that have 2 or more years’ experience in family law, estate planning, or probate, or other equivalent professional experience. We only consider candidates who will be a team player, will have a positive attitude, compassion for clients, a strong work ethic, and an enthusiasm for innovation.
- If you enjoy a traditional firm environment, billing by the hour, the sound of your own voice, or complaining about your co-workers, please do not apply.
- We are a growing law firm that values our culture, strives for excellence, dreams big and has a lot of fun along the way. To obtain the application link, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
"My favorite thing about JT is the people. Everyone here is great to work with, always willing to help each other out, and we all have each other’s back. We all work so hard, but we also have fun. I truly enjoy working with my colleagues. If you envision yourself working at firm that is innovative and always striving to be the best we can be for our clients, then JT is the place for you. The culture at JT is different than other firms. We are all part of a team that works really hard to best serve our clients and we genuinely care about getting/giving them the best outcome we can."
"The firm has a very collegial and supportive environment. The attorneys and staff are wonderful to work with. The firm is very progressive with its technology and systems."