When you know you are on the path to divorce or a custody agreement (maybe you’ve even been served with papers), and you need to start by building a strong foundation and strategy for a successful resolution of the issues you are concerned about.Learn More
When you and your spouse (or co-parent) generally agree on the terms of the divorce or custody arrangement, but you’d like the advice and guidance of an attorney.Learn More
Designed Divorce/Designed Custody Case
When you know you are on the path to divorce or a custody case, and you want to do everything you can to resolve the issues in dispute without an ugly court battle.Learn More
Chart Your Course
When you need to make a change to a previous court order because the terms of the order just aren’t working anymore (or maybe they never really did).Learn More
When you know you need a divorce (or custody agreement) and you know you and your spouse will need help resolving issues and drafting court documents, but neither of you want the expense nor escalation of each hiring attorneys.Learn More
When you need a divorce (or custody case) and you aren’t able to (or prefer not to) have an attorney, but you want to ensure your legal documents adequately address the important issues to protect you and your future.Learn More
If you've read our homepage, you probably already have an idea of what makes our team here at Johnson/Turner Legal so special. If you haven't, here's the rundown.
We believe that law firms can do a better job of serving clients. So, we created a family law firm that prioritizes clients, not their money.
Our Minnesota family law attorneys put your needs first in two ways:
- Flat-fee pricing with affordable payment plan options. When you bring us on board for your case, you pay for our services, not our time. We tell you up-front how much our services cost and we provide options for reasonable payment terms, so you never have to worry about hidden costs, unexpected charges or back breaking payments.
- A unique, team-based structure. We assign a veteran Minnesota family lawyer, two Paralegals, a Client Engagement Specialist and a Life Coach to every case. We won't just help you navigate your case with confidence—we'll also give you the tools to tackle life head-on when your case is over and we're out of the equation.
Family Law in Minnesota
At Johnson/Turner Legal, our family law attorneys in Minnesota are proud to offer a variety of family law services throughout the state, including:
- Divorce – Divorce is one of the most complicated (and stressful) legal matters. Every step of the way, we'll be at your side, advocating for you in court and giving you a shoulder to lean on in hard times. From understanding how your case might impact you, to drafting a case strategy customized to your needs and circumstances, our team is here to make your divorce as smooth as possible.
- Mediation – Oftentimes, alternative dispute resolution methods like mediation are a more cost-effective, less frustrating way to handle family law disputes. During mediation, we act as an advocate for you, enabling you to pursue a more amicable resolution for your case. Mediators typically can't give parties engaged in mediation legal advice, so we'll pick up the slack and help you safeguard your best interests.
- Child Custody and Child Support – For any parent, child custody and support battles are often the most stressful part of a divorce or paternity case. Our team can help you pursue your child's best interests and fight for your parental rights in court. We'll shoulder the legal burden of your case so you can focus on maintaining a strong relationship with your kids.
- Property Division – The outcome of your property division case might substantially impact your life moving forward. Our team can help you evaluate your assets and liabilities, determining the best way to move forward.
- Spousal Maintenance (Alimony) – Spousal maintenance, or alimony, is another contentious part of the divorce process. We're here to help you understand the spousal maintenance process and develop an equitable arrangement with your ex.
- Adoption – Solidifying a legal family relationship can be as nerve-wracking as it is exciting. From step-parent adoption to grandparent adoption to adult adoption, our team is here to help you navigate the process with ease.
- Guardianship/Conservatorship – Our team is here to help if you want to become the guardian or conservator of a loved one. We'll work with you to help you understand how to move forward with your case.
- Relocation – Relocating a child can be tricky, even if relocation is in the child's best interests. Our team will help you file for (or defend against) a relocation case so you can do what's best for your child.
At Johnson/Turner Legal, we know that serious legal representation begins with "How are you?" With offices in Forest Lake, Blaine, Lake Elmo, Wayzata, and Woodbury, our family law attorneys easily serve clients across all of Minnesota.
Johnson Turner Legal has been extremely professional and helpful during my time as a client. I really like the team aspect approach they conduct.” - Ashley A.
Our employees are the key to the success of our clients, and ultimately of the firm. We strive to create a culture that instills a sense of belonging. We want to provide our employees with a safety net, which empowers them to take risks and make leaps, while knowing that others will support, assist and, if need be, catch them. Maintaining a firm culture of shared vision, open communication, positive work environment and friendships will foster a cohesive team of professionals working together to champion the successes of our clients, our community partners, and the firm.
We believe the legal industry needs to break free from its stale and uncreative practices in order to serve the needs of today’s clients. We seek to lead the way in revolutionizing the way consumers experience legal representation. We strive to reinvent all major facets of the delivery of legal services, including how we involve our clients in our representation through information sharing and communication, how we produce legal documents, manage cases, and price our services. We understand the challenges that come with innovation, and strive to support one another’s new ideas.
We strive to ensure that our attorneys and staff are fully versed in their practice areas to provide our clients the best advice and representation. The knowledge necessary to do so includes not only mastering the letter of the law, but also understanding trends in the interpretation and application of the law. We are life long learners who know there will never come a day when we have all the answers. We nurture and rely on our strong network of relationships within the firm and beyond. We study; we reflect; we converse; and we challenge one another. Our depth of knowledge sets us apart.
We all experiences life’s challenges, whether as part of our day-to-day routines or as a result of an event or transition in one’s life. Johnson/Turner Legal strives to help its clients and the legal profession rise through such challenges. Whether by pursuing fairness and justice, by solving problems or by bringing new perspective, Johnson/Turner Legal is dedicated to building trust and providing comfort.
We are a service organization, helping people through challenges and transitions in their lives. Our work must extend beyond our clients to champion the success of our colleagues, friends and the communities at large in which we live and work. We work to improve our communities through volunteerism and leadership.