At Johnson Turner we do serious work, but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We know we can ditch our egos and still be proud of our accomplishments. We have created a culture that encourages us to be forward thinking, consistently growing (both personally and professionally), striving for excellence, but also having a lot of fun in the process. We achieve this by staying focused on our Living Core Values: A JT Employee
- Team – Takes initiative to step up and help, Goes the extra mile, provides constructive feedback, consistently adhere to Firm policies and procedures, maintains a positive attitude, and contributes to office morale.
- Innovation – Provides creative solutions, adapts to frequent changes, and seeks to advance the success of J/T
- Community – Nurtures and expands existing client relationships through new programs, new geographical representations, and special projects. Brings favorable recognition to the Firm by participation in professional organizations, bar groups, community groups, pro bono or charitable work
- Knowledge - shows knowledge, skills and work performance consistent with his or her years of practice, routinely improves performance, consistently turns out work of the highest professional caliber compared to his or her peers, a “go to” person who inspires confidence that the job will get done well.
- Compassion – Manifests “Friends-in-law”, client focused, communicates with clients and other J/T employees beyond work-related topics, develops new ways to provide excellent client service and an excellent work environment.
Attorneys at Johnson/Turner Legal enjoy the following benefits:
Better Compensation plan – High achievers are rewarded. Base salary, plus a formulaic monthly incentive plan that transparently shows you what you’ll make based on your performance metrics. In addition, traditional incentives are provided such as Health Insurance, 401k, and Vacation. Finally, throughout the year, there are fun perks, gifts, and incentives to celebrate firm-wide successes.
- Your clients will be provided to you. You have no sales and marketing responsibilities – just focus on serving clients and practicing law well.
- No hourly billing – our cases are handled with fixed prices per packages.
- You are part of a Team that is second to none. Highly-skilled specialists including, paralegals, sales, accounting, and IT work seamlessly together to help you and to optimize the client experience.
- You are supported by industry-leading training, systems, workflows, software and automation - all making you a better lawyer.
Attorneys and Paralegals
- Attorneys and Paralegals have an opportunity to set their own course with a wide variety of paths or roles offered by JT. We understand that each person has skills, talents, and interests that are unique and so too provide a distinct benefit to our firm. We train, develop, and invest in each attorney’s and paralegal's individual strengths to provide a career that is not just sustainable but also meaningful.
Sales and Marketing
- Our Sales Professionals can serve as Client Development Specialists or Client Engagement Specialists. Both roles allow significant time working with people who are exploring their legal needs and deciding how to move forward. The Client Development Specialist is the first person a potential client speaks with, and their role is to encourage the potential to meet with our team to learn their options, and to schedule that appointment. Client Engagement Specialists meet with the potential client, either in person, over the phone, or via video-conferencing. They learn about the potential client’s situation and help them determine what services Johnson/Turner Legal has that can help address their challenges. They conduct follow up with potential clients, and serve as an integral member of their Team once they become a client of the firm. We train, develop, and invest in each sales professional’s individual strengths to provide a meaningful career.
Mentorship and Training
- Johnson Turner is proud of the efforts we make to mentor and train each employee, and believe that it truly sets us apart from other firms. Employees receive extensive, comprehensive, and ongoing training throughout their careers. Trainings occur internally and also from cutting edge leaders in their field. Attendance at conference, webinars, CLEs and Institutes are not just encouraged, but required for advancement. Mentorship, too, is a priority and sourced both from the experience of others within our firm, but also those who’ve achieved excellence elsewhere.
- Our Accounting Professionals have the opportunity to thrive while working to their individual skills and talents as a specialist in varied accounting roles, while also obtaining more comprehensive knowledge and experience with our team approach to getting the work done. We train, develop, and invest in each accounting professional’s individual strengths to provide a meaningful career.
- As the digital transformation is occurring, we are committed to being an industry leader in that transformation. Our IT professionals will be at the forefront of that effort, transforming and improving how we do things and, ultimately, our clients’ journey and experience as well as our employees. We run wall-to-wall on Salesfore.com and integrated applications. Up to this point, we have mostly contracted out for our IT services, but are now ready to bring such professionals in house to build this department and to take our operation to the next level.
- Attorney – Johnson/Turner is ready to add to their attorney team. We are interested in candidates that have 2 or more years’ experience in family law, estate planning, or probate, or other equivalent professional experience. We only consider candidates who will be a team player, will have a positive attitude, compassion for clients, a strong work ethic, and an enthusiasm for innovation.
- If you enjoy a traditional firm environment, billing by the hour, the sound of your own voice, or complaining about your co-workers, please do not apply.
- Salesforce Administrator and Business Analyst – Johnson/Turner Legal seeks a Salesforce Administrator to administer, configure and enhance Salesforce.com (Sales Cloud and Service Cloud) and integrated applications. This person will work closely with each firm department and leadership to continue to improve our clients’ and our employee’s experience.
"My favorite thing about JT is the people. Everyone here is great to work with, always willing to help each other out, and we all have each other’s back. We all work so hard, but we also have fun. I truly enjoy working with my colleagues. If you envision yourself working at firm that is innovative and always striving to be the best we can be for our clients, then JT is the place for you. The culture at JT is different than other firms. We are all part of a team that works really hard to best serve our clients and we genuinely care about getting/giving them the best outcome we can."
"The firm has a very collegial and supportive environment. The attorneys and staff are wonderful to work with. The firm is very progressive with its technology and systems."
"Let me count the blessings… from the moment I walked in the door with a legal need of my own and met with our team, I knew this was a special place. My personal journey led me here for hope and I got it back in spades when I became an employee 2 years later. The opportunity for growth both professionally and personally that J/T has given me has exponentially changed my life. The team mentality here is unlike any other I have encountered. I am afforded the opportunity to work beside and learn from the best in their fields every day. My role here as a Client Engagement Specialist allows me to do something I love, help people navigate through some of the most difficult times in their lives. I sell hope and that makes my heart happy. Thank you J/T for showing me that I can do anything!"
– Denise Raymeyer
"Working at Johnson/Turner Legal has been an incredible experience for me. It has also offered me an opportunity to learn and “think out of the box” to best connect with potential clients as well as accomplish quality outcomes for clients we serve. Not only have I had the pleasure to visit with many people, who have provided me with a sense of accomplishment and purpose, but I get to work alongside dedicated colleagues, whose collective efforts seamlessly align to achieve amazing service and results with me, together. I am pleased and glad to be a part of Johnson/Turner Legal. "
– Shelley Beckman